Recently we’ve been panning, zooming and expertly editing product videos for some of our clients over here at MeeCreative. Take a look at a recent sample video we created here:
We must say we’re pretty pleased with the outcomes. Video content is now splashed in our faces more than ever. Lets take it, who hasn’t sat on Youtube or social media and been transfixed by the most random of video’s? You’re not the only one! But amongst the cat videos and epic fail shenanigans, some of the biggest retailers in the world are implementing video to not only showcase their products globally but to show the user how to use their product and fix them if problems ever occur, now in the world of digital, that’s pretty damn good user experience right?
Anywho, we could talk until the cows come home about the benefits of video to help advertise your businesses products and services but as the lovely, kind and helpful people we are here at MeeCreative, we thought we’d give you 8 Tips For Making An Effective Product Video – of course, if you’re not too keen on picking up a camera and trying to shoot a stunning video you could always give us a tinkle? (That was a pretty subtle plug, right?!)
Anyway, with that sordid self-promotion over, just scroll down and take a look. Enjoy!
Making product videos is a great way to effectively convey information, show products in use and create trust with the customer. And with YouTube now being the second most popular search engine in the world, your product videos can even bring you new customers in addition to adding value to your existing ones. If your timid abut jumping into the video production world, here are a few tips to get you started:
1.Keep it short. Your customers don’t want to sit & watch a flashy drawn-out product video, they want to get the information they need and nothing more. Shoot for making your videos 2 minutes or less. Constricting yourself to certain time-parameters will also help you to focus on the most important aspects.
2. Write a script. There are many times when you can ‘wing it’ in business, but videos are not one of them. In order to get everything across to your customer in the most effective way, you’re going to need to spend time collecting your thoughts & organising them in a script.. and then write it again. The best writing is done when you spend the time to write several drafts, refining your thoughts and words until you have a gem of a script!
3. Get in there & demo your product. Don’t just hold up your product, USE your product. The goal of your video is to give your customers an interactive view of the product, so swing that golf club, wear that dress, make that pan sizzle – your video should demonstrate whatever your customer will be doing with the product.
4. Decide on what your company’s voice is and be consistant. We all know that the funny videos are the ones that go viral, and they also make the companies relatable & personal. But funny isn’t for every company, brand, product or audience. However if you think you have the right personality and products for an outlandish or witty video, go for it!
But if funny & outlandish is not who you & your company are, don’t try to be. Being authentic and true to your brand is key to earn customers’ trust. Videos give your customers a more well-rounded view of your brand so don’t send them mixed messages ( you risk coming off as ‘phony’). An educational informative video will sell more products than one that misses the mark trying to be something that it is not.
5. Be personal. Let your customers know the people behind the brand. Introducing yourself and your relationship with the company , starts the video off on a friendly inviting note.
6. Get the money-shots. Customers are watching the video to see the products so make sure you show the product form multiple angles. Shoot close-ups to show off the products detail, and features.
7. Don’t talk their ear-off. In a 2 minute video, it is perfectly ok to have 30 seconds of light background music while you show off the product from different angles or in use. If a picture speaks a thousand words, a video speaks a novel so don’t worry about filling every second with your commentary.
8. Make your products look their best Production value isn’t everything, but be conscious of how your products look. Here are a few production tips:
Need a professional video for your business?
Give us a call: 01639 897200
Over the last few months we’ve been a bit quiet with updates – we’ve been successfully completing several client projects and got stuck in straight away with plenty of brand new ones coming into 2016. From brand identity to video production, we thought we’d share an update of what we’ve been doing lately, featuring finished work and also a sneak peak of our current, ongoing projects. We’ve been pretty damn busy!
Joy Transformation - Branding
Lauder - Branding + Web Development
Spot-On Accountancy – Design For Print
Clarophotography – Design For Print
Afandale - Brand Identity + Web Design
Afan Landscapes - Web Design
Gordon Down Accountants - Design For Print
Astley’s Estate Agents - Property Showcase Videos
Recliners - Product Information Videos